1.) Registration for the Children’s Cosplay Contest will commence at 12:00 pm on Saturday, August 19, 2023 and officially closes at 2:00 pm on Sunday, August 20, 2023. No contestants will be allowed to register after 2:00 pm on Sunday, August 20, 2023.
Contestants will register ONSITE at the Cosplay Contest Information Booth located outside the Ballroom on the first floor.
2.) All contestants must check-in for the Children’s Cosplay Contest at the Cosplay Contest Information Booth (located on the first floor, in front of Ballroom B) on Sunday August 20, 2023 no later than 3:00 pm. Sorry, No Exceptions.
3.) Contestants must be in costume no later than 3:30 pm on Sunday August 20, 2023, at Children’s Cosplay Contest Venue hosted in Ballroom’s B & C at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.
(No registration fee required.)
**NOTE**: Prizes must be collected by the winning Cosplayer(s) on the same day that the contest is held.
CHILDREN’S COSPLAY COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. The Children’s Cosplay Contest is open to any individual between the ages of 0-16. Please note that anyone 14-16 may participate in the Soda City Cosplay Contest, if they so choose. You may compete in ONE contest only.
2. The maximum number of participants for the Children’s Cosplay Contests: 100
During registration, any information received will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and will not be passed on to any third parties.
3. Costumes may be handmade or store bought. Characters depicted can be original or pop culture related.
4. All props must be presented to Staff at the Cosplay Contest Information Booth (located on the first floor, in front of the Ballroom) upon contestant check-in for the contest. Failure to present your weapons – even seemingly harmless ones – may result in your entry being removed and you may be escorted from the premises.
5. The Organizers reserve the right to adjust the rules, terms or conditions of this competition in any way they see fit and disqualify any participant for non-compliance with the rules and regulations herein.
6. Permission is granted to the Organizers to use the costumes photographed/filmed during the contest for future promotions.