Rules and Regulations
Conduct and Dress Code Policies:
Soda City Comic Con is dedicated to providing a fun, safe and harassment free convention experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We will not tolerate harassment of anyone in any form. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from Soda City Comic Con, without a refund, at the discretion of the convention organizers.
If you are being harassed, witness someone else being harassed or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Soda City Comic Con staff or a volunteer. We are happy to contact security or local law enforcement and are committed to providing a safe environment to anyone who feels they have experienced harassment.
We adhere to a kid/family-oriented event and do not allow adult materials of any kind on display. All costumes worn by cosplay performers need to be appropriate for the venue. Soda City Comic Con staff reserves the right to expel anyone displaying adult materials or selling adult materials to minors immediately, without refund and with law enforcement escort.
All attendees, exhibitors and staff are subject to this anti – harassment policy and are expected to follow these rules at all Soda City Comic Con events. This policy applies to all Soda City Comic Con events, as well as the host hotels and any other venue associated with the convention.
Additional Rules and Regulations:
Per the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center and in conjunction with Soda City Comic Con, the following rules are in place throughout the duration of Soda City Comic Con:
- No balloons or other flying devices are permitted within the building. This includes, but is not limited to, drones, helicopters, airplanes, etc.
- This is a smoke-free event. No cigarette use of any kind is permitted inside the building. This includes e-cigarettes. Designated smoking areas will be clearly marked.
- All weapons are subject to search and must comply with any and all local statutes. No functioning weapons are allowed on the premise. Anyone found violating this policy with be expelled and appropriate legal action will be taken, if necessary.
- Unless approved in advance, no recording devices are allowed within the Exhibit Hall or Panel rooms.
- No pets of any kind are allowed within the building, with exceptions made for service animals
- Please refrain from sitting in heavily trafficked areas, such as aisles and doorways. There will be designated sitting areas.
- In the event someone becomes separated from their party, please contact a member of the Soda City Comic Con staff or a volunteer and appropriate announcements will be made over the Public Address (P.A.) system. Otherwise, no personal messages will be transmitted over the P.A. system.